The Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA) is a separate state agency that is independent from the Department of Labor and Industries. The BIIA hears appeals from decisions made by the Department in several areas. The three principal types of appeals are:
- Industrial insurance (workers' compensation).
- Safety citations under the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA)
- Crime victim compensation.
The BIIA is administered by three full-time Board members appointed by the Governor.
- David Threedy is the Chairperson and public member.
- Frank E. Fennerty, Jr., is the labor member.
- Jack S. Eng is the business member.
Washington State Quality Award Assessment Application (Adobe® pdf file)