The Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) makes decisions about a provider's eligibility to provide services to industrially-injured workers. If you disagree with a decision made by L&I, you should do one of the following:
- File a protest and request for reconsideration with L&I
- File an appeal with the BIIA
Do not file a protest with L&I if you are filing an appeal with the BIIA.
You must file an appeal within 20 days of the date you receive L&I's decision concerning demands for repayment or vocational audits.
You must file an appeal within 60 days of the date you receive L&I's decision to deny enrollment or remove or suspend you from the health care provider network.
Your appeal should include:
- Your name and address.
- Your provider number.
- Date of L&I's decision, and a copy of the decision being appealed.
- The reasons why you disagree with the decision.
- County in which you would like proceedings to be held.
File in person, by mail, or by fax
If you disagree with a decision made by L&I on a claim or payment, use the Workers' compensation appeal form.
Please send your appeal to:
Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
2430 Chandler Court SW
PO Box 42401
Olympia WA 98504-2401
FAX: 360-586-5611, outside Olympia: 855-586-5611